Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting read on the downward spiral of the German trio's aspirational imaging...

The Motoring World: With the Germans faltering, it leaves the rest to take advantage.

Now a host of younger or revived premium marques are poised to follow JLR by pitching dozens of new models against the big three, whose very ubiquity is taking the shine off their prestige.
"The German premiums have sacrificed some of their exclusivity by entering smaller, volume segments like compacts," said Bernd Hoennighausen, an automotive consultant.

"They've pushed volume with fleet discounts of around 20 percent," said Hoennighausen, who previously managed corporate fleets for Deutsche Bank and BNP Paribas. "This may open the door to newer players like Jaguar, who are starting to offer fleet-relevant products."

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What brands other than Jaguar are in this same boat? I'm thinking Alfa Romeo and Maserati. I guess Tesla too.
Maserati is a cut above, although I suppose they are trying to chase downwards as well. Alfa still does not legitimately exist. I would say the only one in a similar boat would be Lexus, although their brand cache outside of north america is nearly non existant...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Maserati is a cut above, although I suppose they are trying to chase downwards as well. Alfa still does not legitimately exist. I would say the only one in a similar boat would be Lexus, although their brand cache outside of north america is nearly non existant...
i have noticed some news about AR coming back and wanting to go mainstream, it would be a good move IMO

·
Registered
284 Posts
If AR actually was around though is this the part of the market where they'd like to compete? I realize they have been having issues for a while now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
About AR, it's tough to say but I'd like to see them do something different, more in line with what the american market demands.

·
Registered
284 Posts
So you think that AR has a better chance in the American market than it does in the European market? I guess Europe isn't doing well generally, but AR strikes me as appealing more to a European clientele.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts