Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been many whining (especially me) about text scrolling, or lack thereof, on the radio/satellite song listing. Seems many, like me, had it and then it went away. I had seen a recent post (can't recall who) who mentioned that you could turn it on from the menu. Well, I searched the media/radio menu high and low and couldn't find that setting.

Well, found it this morning! For those who don't know (and I may be the last :( ) that setting can be found under system settings. Use the Settings button on the left of the display, System, second page, and there it is... Silly place to put it, but there you go.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, WingedRover, you no longer have the menu option after the Infotainment update?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, that's correct. I took in my '15 DS for the infotainment system basically being in a useless state (completely frozen, unresponsive, etc). They applied the latest software update, which resolved all the issues and the system now performs flawlessly. However, the text scrolling option is now gone, gone, gone. Before replying, I went out and went through all of the menu options and all pages of each. It's history.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that just sucks.

But, with the update did you get the ability to scan/toggle between presets (radio/satellite)? I know this has been discussed about 1,000 times - with various responses. Someone recently said they got an audio update which added scanning/toggling (can't recall exactly who) - can you do that now?

Also, is there a way to determine which Infotainment version I have???

·
Registered
20 Posts
It does suck and I plan to bring it up on my next visit. I'm hoping it is something they can reinstate.

And yes, I can scan thru the presets on both FM and satellite radio after the update - with one caveat. It appears you must first select one of your preset stations before it will allow you to scan. As an example, I manually tuned to a satellite station that was not one of my presets. Tried scanning up and down from there without success. But after selecting one of my preset stations, I was then able to scan the presets using the steering wheel controls.

Not sure on your question regarding determining which version you have ...

·
Registered
258 Posts
And yes, I can scan thru the presets on both FM and satellite radio after the update - with one caveat. It appears you must first select one of your preset stations before it will allow you to scan. As an example, I manually tuned to a satellite station that was not one of my presets. Tried scanning up and down from there without success. But after selecting one of my preset stations, I was then able to scan the presets using the steering wheel controls.
I tried this yesterday. Scanned to a non-preset station then press the button on the steering wheel and it jumped to the next preset station. It seemed to work for me. I'll try again sometime to make sure, though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, not sure if I prefer the ability to scan through presets or text scrolling - as it appears we can't have both!

I'd be interested to determine which version of the Infotainment software I have - anyone know how to determine that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts