Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the states and I can't use the quick response feature as it's greyed out. Has anyone in the states successfully used this feature?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have used the text response feature once or twice. I do receive the pop-up (SHOW) when a text message is received (most of the time) but the option to READ out the message is not always enabled. I haven't done any research into the nature or content of the text messages when the READ option is available vs. when it isn't. I'm just assuming maybe special characters or emojis might have something to do with it.

I wanted to correct something I said in another thread - You CAN create your own custom text responses and add them to the list of the available responses.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I still don't consistently have texts appear as a pop up on the screen of the Disco. If I go into the phone area I can see my messages. Very odd.

I have an android Samsung Galaxy Note 5. There does not appear to be any settings in the phone to prevent the notifications.

I do have a Wear watch... Maybe it does not like notifying on the phone watch and car... Oh well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Anyone using a newer Samsung phone like a Note 5 or Galaxy with their Disco?

I am trying to figure out if this is a me issue or the radio.

1. My text messages will not pop up anymore. (they briefly did before, but not consistently).
2. Phone calls sometimes drop because bluetooth disconnects in the middle then re-connects after about 10seconds. The call stays on the phone but the car speakers are not playing the call and the person on the other end is speaking to my phone wondering why I am not responding until it re-connects like nothing happened.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My iPhone 6S+ works perfectly.
It will visually show the text message on the Nav screen first while driving but will not say nor display until you come to a stop.
Very nice feature!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My iPhone 6S+ works perfectly.
It will visually show the text message on the Nav screen first while driving but will not say nor display until you come to a stop.
Very nice feature!
If they have released updates to the firmware, are you on the latest one? just curious since sometimes updates may or may not cause issues when pairing to other systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI I have just bought the DS and I have an iPhone 6s. The read function works but the reply button even though there is always greyed out even if I am at a stop or in park. Any ideas please?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts