Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of putting the OEM tower on my DS. To do so, I need to remove the taillights to gain access to the rear fairing bolts. After working on it for the past 45 mins, I cannot get the spring loaded clip to budge - you have to push in and turn but the spring pressure is too strong to do it manually (maybe too many hours in an office chair for me, but still...). Can anyone give insight here? Is there a tool designed for this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved! - now OEM hitch install

OK, so i did not get a lot of responses here.... maybe others have not tried yet. It turns out the bayonet spring connection is a ruse designed to stop the light from rattling... BUT, the entire piece simply unscrews. I was able to find the answer by searching through earlier posts. So, in a way - thanks to these boards!

BTW, did the OEM trailer hitch. Took me about 5 hours, but much of that was figuring out how to take a few things apart that were not obvious (e.g., turns out you have to drop the exhaust to get the bolts in, which is not mentioned in the TOPIX guide).

If anyone is thinking of the OEM hitch ($860 is pricey, but it does look better than the aftermarkets), let me know any Qs. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts