Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Discovery tail gate opens normally to fully open, then drops approx 1/4 to 1/3 closed. Is anyone having the same issue ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
2015 Discovery tail gate opens normally to fully open, then drops approx 1/4 to 1/3 closed. Is anyone having the same issue ?
Hi Peter. I haven’t had this issue but have you tried holding the button in on the tail gate for a few seconds until it beeps? There is a procedure to set the opening height. Can’t remember exactly what the process is. Would have to read the manual. This might reset it for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mick, yes I have tried that to reset the position to fully open but no improvement resulted. The motors in the struts push the door to fully open but it then just falls back. Occasionally it stays up but only 1 time in 10 or more. I am wondering if the assembly had gas struts inside that have failed, lost pressure. Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
It only happened once to me after someone manually pulled it open. I just pushed it back to the top position then closed it with the button, from then on it was back to normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I have had that happen in early days as well but it didnt seem to cause any problems at the time. I use the tail gate a lot, it might just be high use. I wonder if the opening/closing strut contains a gas strut and this has failed as they eventually do ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts