Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

May be this is already answered but I could not find it.

Currently I have 19 inch OEM wheels on my discover sport HSE. Can I switch to 18 inch wheels and tires as there are more options? Recently I took my MY DS to a tire retailer and when I asked him about switching to 18 inch, he mentioned that it would touch the break calipers which could be a problem.

Please suggest if I can switch to 18 inch without adding any additional parts to my DS.

Thanks
Ernest

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is quite possible to switch down to 18's on the Discovery Sport, but you have to carefully select what rim you are going to be replacing it with.

The rim you choose to replace the 18's with must have the right offset and barrel depth to ensure there are no issues regarding the calliper.

I have attached the Discovery Sport brochure to this so you can see the rims that could fit without fouling on the calliper.

I have also put a link to a video describing how to measure the rims so you know what will fit. It is a very informative video that could guide you decision if you choose to move away from Land Rover rims.

I hope this helps of answer your question.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2016 came with the OEM 20" wheels. I switched it to OEM 18" wheels after driving on the 20" for about a year. The 18" wheels give a superior ride in my opinion. I found the OEM wheels used on Craigslist from someone with a Discovery Sport that had changed 18" to 20". Got a great deal on them & they were in as new condition. Did not need to worry about fit because they are OEM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

May be this is already answered but I could not find it.

Currently I have 19 inch OEM wheels on my discover sport HSE. Can I switch to 18 inch wheels and tires as there are more options? Recently I took my MY DS to a tire retailer and when I asked him about switching to 18 inch, he mentioned that it would touch the break calipers which could be a problem.

Please suggest if I can switch to 18 inch without adding any additional parts to my DS.

Thanks
Ernest
I have had 17in wheels on my 2017 Disco Sport for over a year. No issues with brake clearance. You might find a new tire retailer. I went from 20in to 17in and fitted AT tires. Discount Tire had all the relevant information including clearances that matched the factory information. My wheels are from Black Rhino. Best of luck to you. Why do you want to change from 19in to 18in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts