Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi quick question
Is the sunglasses holder made of shiny black plastic located on the roof in the centre of the vehicle.
I only ask as I don't know what that piece of plastic is, or where my sunglasses holder is and it's bugging me more than it should.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
211 Posts
Color depends on color of interior, but yes, it is located in the center of the vehicle, on the roof, above the rear view mirror. Push on it to open

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, I've had to change to a different pair of sunglasses to ones that fit (barely). I understand there is a recall for the sunglass holder latch - perhaps that's your issue.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, I've had to change to a different pair of sunglasses to ones that fit (barely). I understand there is a recall for the sunglass holder latch - perhaps that's your issue.
Dealer just replaced mine per the recall (I already had it replaced once within a few weeks of having the car because it was sticking). The newer one is much smoother. Not sure it was worth the effort, but I was having other things done, so they took care of that as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same here, my sunglasses are basically normal size and don't fit.
It looks like it was designed for wire frame fold flat frames.
The cover needs to push in about 1/4 of an inch to latch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi quick question
Is the sunglasses holder made of shiny black plastic located on the roof in the centre of the vehicle.
I only ask as I don't know what that piece of plastic is, or where my sunglasses holder is and it's bugging me more than it should.

Thank you in advance
No It sounds like you have rear entertainment and a whitefire lens in place of the SGB door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd just like to add that man that part of the car is so hot. I have metal framed glasses and when I get my glasses out of the holder they are burning hot. I have to hold them next to the AC for a bit to cool them down before I put them on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd just like to add that man that part of the car is so hot. I have metal framed glasses and when I get my glasses out of the holder they are burning hot. I have to hold them next to the AC for a bit to cool them down before I put them on.
same here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts