Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on several weeks ago and there was no change in the driving performance. Came home checked code (forgot number) but is was for the fuel tank evaporation, gas cap and several more items. Reset the error and checked the gas cap. 3 weeks later same problem.

At the time I was driving at the most once a week when the light came on. Thinking that one of the sensors or the pump may not be working properly, I opened my drivers door every time I went to the garage. Heard the pump running each time and it seemed to clear up. Now that I am driving a little more no more codes have appeared.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check engine light came on several weeks ago and there was no change in the driving performance. Came home checked code (forgot number) but is was for the fuel tank evaporation, gas cap and several more items. Reset the error and checked the gas cap. 3 weeks later same problem.

At the time I was driving at the most once a week when the light came on. Thinking that one of the sensors or the pump may not be working properly, I opened my drivers door every time I went to the garage. Heard the pump running each time and it seemed to clear up. Now that I am driving a little more no more codes have appeared.

Fingers crossed.
Mine did that a month ago the code was P0456. It would go away and come back every time I filled up my tank. I took it to LR, they diagnosed it the purge valve was leaking. mine was covered under warranty

·
Super Moderator
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that covid 19 is virtually under control in my province (no not fake news) and I am driving more do not expect the problem to arise again

·
Registered
3 Posts

Fingers crossed.
When the check engine light came on, LR told me it was a carbon filter that had to be replaced. The LR is falling apart and only 24,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts