Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had an annoying buzz since day one when I got the car and it seems to originate from the glove area. I finally was able to pin-point the noise and it's coming from the storage tray that sits above the glove. Is there an easy way to secure this without having to bring it into the dealership? I don't like spending time at the dealer for them to fix this as usually they say they cannot hear or find the noise.

Thanks!

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
I've not experienced anything like that, and really don't know what is in that area that might be buzzing.

I've noticed that my sunglasses will rattle in the roof-mounted holder, sometimes might be considered a "buzz". With the way sounds echo, perhaps that's it???:confused: Other than that, I have no clue.

I had to have my blower motor replaced shortly after I got my car, which required pulling the entire dashboard off! Was really worried about squeaks and rattles when they put it back together - but none! Whew!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured out the sunglass rattling too when I put my sunglasses there.
This one I'm very certain it's coming from that tray above the glove because when I tap the area I can hear it buzz now.
Probably need to bring it in so I don't break anything trying to pull it off.

M

·
0 Posts
Well, was worth a shot! Have no idea how to remove that part - I'd stick with the dealer as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it sorted out at the dealer. Apparently there was a screw that wasn't fully tightened behind the glove causing the buzzing!

Reactions: jabba1900
B

·
0 Posts
Mine isn't making a noise but there is a visible sag in the middle on the upper part of the trim. Hoping the dealer can re-secure when it goes in this week. Probably double sided sticky tape didn't adhere very well ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts