Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
653 Posts
Post before mine mentioned the steering column not the rack or power steering. Which seemed very strange

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Im new here, from the UK. Recently purchased a DS 2016. I have booked the car in for a free health check at LR in north west London on Friday and I have been told by them that they will also change the power steering bolts as there is a recall on it due to them corroding! Seems like the UK have finally given in to this and are recalling it.. its not on the land rover recall checker or the gov website as a recall.

So if your from the UK, I would advise getting it booked in even if you haven't got a problem now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi I have 65 plate se tech numerous faults however last week steering rack motor sheared of anybody else have this I can't get to Land Rover service centre however Land Rover have offered to pay for parts does anybody think this is acceptable as I pointed out to them complete steering failure so health and safety issue
I’ve just seen this as my 2015 Discovery Sport has just been in for a new steering rack. Horrible grinding noise. It was all paid for parts and labour by Land Rover as it’s apparently a product recall, just in case anyone else has the same issue. My car has only done 33k miles

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
653 Posts
Glad they have a recall in the UK, now I wonder if they will reimburse others would paid for the repair.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts