Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a discovery sport 2016 model. (UK)
I put my car into the garage of my LR service provider prior to my car going out of warranty in mid May.
At the time, I stated that there was knock coming from the front drivers side and that the knock sounded like a wheelbearing was gone.
The garage reported back that they could not hear the knock and that it was probably an issue with my tyre.

Got tyres checked all OK!
Since mid May knock has grown even louder and extremely annoying.
Took my car into a LR approved garage, not the dealership that I had my service plan with, as I had lost all faith in them!
Cut a long story short it turns out that problem was a defective drive shaft bearing. Which I had to have replaced at an expensive cost!
Has anyone else had this problem or was I just unlucky with the build.
I also have an odious oily smell within the car from time to time, again, has anyone come across this it is really quite nauseous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a LR Disco Sport 2016 HSELux Had a similar issue with a sound/vibration coming from the front right tire and was told it was wheel bearing which they have replaced. Now the sound is coming from the rear right tire and when I took it back to the dealer, I was told that all four tires have to be replaced in a month. We just replaced all four tires with the dealer to Cotinentals in April 2018. I’m surprised that they have to be replaced again after just over a year. The car is still under warranty till May 2020 but I’m tempted to take it to another authorized garage to have it seen to as the dealership service centre doesn’t seem to know wheat they’re doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m in the US and own a 2017 LR Discovery HSE with the same issue. Both LR dealers I’ve gone to seem state the issue is with the tires and not the car. I hardly believe it as they replaced the tires from its original Continentals to Pirellis within a year of purchase. I addressed it with LR USA and they got involved, but came back to state it’s a tire issue and that I need to resolve it with the tire manufacturer. In my personal opinion, I believe it’s a flaw, defect with the car in terms of the drive shaft that they don’t want to admit or replace. I honestly don’t know what else to do at this point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree, but my vehicle start with a slight shimmy in the steering column at low to average speed and then on the highway at higher speeds the cabin has a vibration that results from the back. Dealers claim faulty tires, but hard to say that when they replaced them from Continental to Pirelli's and the issue occurred under both brands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts