Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone encountered a squeak/rattle in the middle section of the back seat above the center hump. When I push down on the middle cushion it goes away and when i fold the seat down it goes away as well. I tried wedging a cloth under the seat where the metal meets the cushion it doesn't help. The squeak/rattle only goes away when you push down on the cushion.

Anyone encounter this or know of a fix?

So far this vehicle has been a lot of fun, its quiet and this is the only thing that I've noticed being a problem.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
106 Posts
The back seat squeak/chirp/rattle is a known problem. It's been discussed a few times before:

http://www.discoverysport.net/forum/discovery-sport-issues-problems/5433-rattle-package.html
Discovery Sport Forums - First problem - squeaky rear seats
http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/search.php?keywords=backseat+rattle&sid=5bf6dff9a0abd8333383e18837454823

Yours is a 2017, I believe, and I would have expected the problem to be fixed by now. Ours is a 2017 and we haven't had any squeaks or rattles.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The dealer has a fix for that.

I got mine done and love it now!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the 5+2 and found that bolts were protruding through from the underside of the vehicle. (The threaded side) and when the body flexed/moved the back of the carpet would rub on the bolt and because the metal is so thin it amplified the sound.... and yes it sounded like a rattle. Easy fixed!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
figured out a temp fix for the squeak

so the squeak came from a plastic part that was attached to the cushion that protruded through a rectangular metal opening in the base of the seat thats attached to the frame. i stuck a plastic washer that i cut to size between the plastic and metal and BINGO.... the squeak went away. now if someone sat on the middle seat I would assume it would be shoved out and the squeak would return the next time someone isn't sitting in the middle. However, i isolated the problem for LR, so the next time I go in ill have that fixed.

Thanks all for helping narrow down the possible culprits.

Thanks
Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts