Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having trouble with my backup camera/media system rebooting all the time, mostly when I was backing up, which was dangerous because the backup image froze, so during my 20k service the dealer installed a new media update. However, now it appears that the speed limit warning indicator (i.e., the flashing red box around the speed limit sign) is gone! Months ago, when there was another update, JLR removed the oral speed limit warning in the navigation system, which was annoying anyway. However, I liked the little red flashing box (since it would go off way too often when I was driving!). Anybody else notice this? Anybody still have it and can let me know where in the instrument cluster menu system this might be located? I can no longer find an option for it. I think that JLR deleted it. Why would they do that? Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Isn't there a menu setting option that allows you to turn on/off the speed limit warning? That also allows you to set the speed over (5 mph, 10 mph, etc.) before it starts flashing red, as I recall. Have you tried that. I never had the audio warning (unless you count my wife:x)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Isn't there a menu setting option that allows you to turn on/off the speed limit warning? That also allows you to set the speed over (5 mph, 10 mph, etc.) before it starts flashing red, as I recall. Have you tried that. I never had the audio warning (unless you count my wife:x)
Anytime your car goes into service for any programming, I noticed the settings I had have been reset.

Last time it went in for many items, it came back with EVERYTHING reset - had to change them ALL (radio, satellite, phone list, navigation recent locations, and traffic alerts)

Yes, there is a menu setting under the steering wheel controls to set the flashing red on the traffic sign speeds.

·
Registered
73 Posts
************unless you count my wife :x *************

LOVE IT!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anytime your car goes into service for any programming, I noticed the settings I had have been reset.

Last time it went in for many items, it came back with EVERYTHING reset - had to change them ALL (radio, satellite, phone list, navigation recent locations, and traffic alerts)

Yes, there is a menu setting under the steering wheel controls to set the flashing red on the traffic sign speeds.

Hi there;

I took mine (2015 DS HSE) in for update because the infotainment system was in complete disarray. Many error messages (voice recognition unavailable, etc) and other issues. Song ID on XM was two or so songs behind always, the power button did not work, etc. When I received it back, all is perfect now except that I noticed the option for text scrolling has disappeared completely from the screen menu. It's annoying because we now have to manually call up the info page for a song to find out the name and artist info. Has this happened to you, or anyone else you know? A minor annoyance to be sure, but an annoyance nonetheless.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The song ID text scrolling for me seems to go on and off randomly (off now). In addition, song ID sometimes lags behind (change channels and return to get it up to date). Annoying...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The song ID text scrolling for me seems to go on and off randomly (off now). In addition, song ID sometimes lags behind (change channels and return to get it up to date). Annoying...
These were exactly among the issues I had before the update, and they are all resolved now. However, in the process I am now missing the option (which had a checkbox) to select text scrolling.

SiriusXM song titles now change exactly in sync when the song does. The problem is, now you can't read them because they won't scroll! You can usually just see the artist's name.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There used to be. That's what I think is now missing. The audio warning was on the nav screens. That went away months ago. Now I think they took away the flashing red box as well. I cannot locate any type of menu item for it and can't recall on what menu listing it would have been located (so I think it's gone).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Where are the steering wheel controls? I can't find it anywhere. I know it used to be there, but I don't think it is now.

On the reset, that usually happens to my media controls, like preset stations, but rarely to the instrument cluster settings. Everything else was set the same (e.g., AHB on, mirrors dip when backing up, etc.). But there doesn't seem to be the option to set speed warning any longer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These were exactly among the issues I had before the update, and they are all resolved now. However, in the process I am now missing the option (which had a checkbox) to select text scrolling.

SiriusXM song titles now change exactly in sync when the song does. The problem is, now you can't read them because they won't scroll! You can usually just see the artist's name.
I'm going to have to check that because I think the option for text scrolling might be gone as well. Why do they keep changing this stuff? And changing it in a bad way? It's like Google removing features from Android just when I get used to using them. Sheesh.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm going to have to check that because I think the option for text scrolling might be gone as well. Why do they keep changing this stuff? And changing it in a bad way? It's like Google removing features from Android just when I get used to using them. Sheesh.
My sentiment exactly.

Yes, the setting for text scrolling is missing entirely. Pretty annoying as it was useful.

I am wondering if the text scrolling consumed just enough memory resources to contribute to the system becoming unstable? I would hope not ...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, duh. I finally found the menu item for the speeding indicator. I must have been scrolling past it all this time. So, the flashing red box around the speed limit sign is still there!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there;

I took mine (2015 DS HSE) in for update because the infotainment system was in complete disarray. Many error messages (voice recognition unavailable, etc) and other issues. Song ID on XM was two or so songs behind always, the power button did not work, etc. When I received it back, all is perfect now except that I noticed the option for text scrolling has disappeared completely from the screen menu. It's annoying because we now have to manually call up the info page for a song to find out the name and artist info. Has this happened to you, or anyone else you know? A minor annoyance to be sure, but an annoyance nonetheless.
I just wanted to confirm that text scrolling is missing from my DS now as well. The instrument cluster and the touch screen now only display the station ID when using the radio. I can find out the song and artist by displaying the full radio screen, but the song names used to scroll on both the instrument cluster and the main touch screen display. Why would JLR get rid of this useful option? Ridiculous. Songs do still display when using an iPod, but they don't scroll. I haven't checked BT music yet, but I figure it's similar to iPod. I liked the scrolling option. It's a waste to get rid of it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, I used to get album art when using BT music from my iPhone. That's gone, too, in addition to the text scrolling.
I've never had album art when using BT music, at least when using my Android phone, which I've always thought was a bit cheap because the album art shows up on other cars (at least that's what I recall, anyway). I tried using BT music from the iPod a while back, but I can't recall if I ever had album art. The only way I seem to get album art is to connect the iPod directly to the USB port (and that's how I got it when connecting the Android phone and using the Land Rover Music app) (the Music app isn't bad, but it's a pain to reconnect the phone each time, and when you use the apps it blocks other views on the phone, so it's just easier to use BT when I need to use music on my phone).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts