Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I just picked up my DS HSE. I payed the $375 option to upgrade from 10 to 11 speakers (190W to 250W). Can anyone tell me if its just an addition if a subwoofer or do the speakers actually change to higher quality product. I also don't see an individual control in the settings for just the sub?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys. I just picked up my DS HSE. I payed the $375 option to upgrade from 10 to 11 speakers (190W to 250W). Can anyone tell me if its just an addition if a subwoofer or do the speakers actually change to higher quality product. I also don't see an individual control in the settings for just the sub?
Did you end up finding out? Im getting my DS this week, i think ill be getting the 190w system, i wasnt even offered any sort of audio upgrades despite asking. Im looking to find some info about the 190w system since i will likely be looking to upgrade the audio at some point in the next year or so.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just posted this in another thread...applicable here.

I have the 11 speaker 250W system (step below Meridian system) with subwoofer in my HSE lux.
I'm telling you that, while the 11 speakers sound just ok IMO, the sub is a complete joke. It's undetectable. It's so weak that I opened a case with LR USA to have them prove that they actually installed a subwoofer and amp, that I paid for, in our vehicle. Sure enough it's in there, it's just utterly useless. The door speakers kick more....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, the 250W upgrade is worth the small option price.
It brings out better high and low end notes.
I like the upgrade myself but.....

It's not as nice as the branded and labelled Meridian system though.

I am currently driving a loaner Jaguar F Pace with the Meridian system and it sounds so much better using the same USB media stick I had been using.
MP3 is good but WAV audio is the best.
More audio options to tailor the sound and crisp highs as well a powerful low end.

If you are an audiophile playing back true WAV or other non compressed tracks, get the top end Meridian....

·
Registered
6 Posts
mostly i find cheap and good speakers at https://www.icrfq.com/family/262 , if anyone would like to try this online site... i say to you dnt be hesitant this is truly a worth your money products site.. I too wanted some good speaker upgrade for my car so ordered from here and got them installed from a shop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just posted this in another thread...applicable here.

I have the 11 speaker 250W system (step below Meridian system) with subwoofer in my HSE lux.
I'm telling you that, while the 11 speakers sound just ok IMO, the sub is a complete joke. It's undetectable. It's so weak that I opened a case with LR USA to have them prove that they actually installed a subwoofer and amp, that I paid for, in our vehicle. Sure enough it's in there, it's just utterly useless. The door speakers kick more....
That's disappointing DD. Comparing to the system in the Lux in Australia it is chalk and cheese from your description. Mine is the Meridian system. Ive got the sub turned up one notch higher than the default and there is enough base to blow the windows (so to speak). I've never gone past half volume and my family still reckons they can hear me coming home from miles away (always the comment that doof doof is home :) ) Sound is brilliant from a factory setup.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's disappointing DD. Comparing to the system in the Lux in Australia it is chalk and cheese from your description. Mine is the Meridian system. Ive got the sub turned up one notch higher than the default and there is enough base to blow the windows (so to speak). I've never gone past half volume and my family still reckons they can hear me coming home from miles away (always the comment that doof doof is home :) ) Sound is brilliant from a factory setup.
I found the 250w system in the vehicle I test drove to be a fair stock system and almost ordered the vehicle with it. However, audio is very important item to me so I spent the extra money on the Meridian upgrade. As mentioned above, I think I have my sub set to one notch and its more than enough bass for anyone haha. For me, my issue is the door speakers and how much they rattle when you turn the volume up. I have to make an appointment to get them reviewed.

@TTTTT which setting do you use for music the most? I find Stereo is the only setting which will not rattle my speakers but I find the Meridian setting to be the best with the centre channel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Js - Just checked. My settings are Meridian. Bass - couple of notches above half. Treble - Half and Sub 3/4. I don't seem to have any rattle issues (that would really annoy me, so I feel your pain). My music comes off my phone, so depending on the quality of the song, around 20-30 on the volume is enough to have a mobile concert. Any more - I feel like I am imposing on others stuck in the traffic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Js - Just checked. My settings are Meridian. Bass - couple of notches above half. Treble - Half and Sub 3/4. I don't seem to have any rattle issues (that would really annoy me, so I feel your pain). My music comes off my phone, so depending on the quality of the song, around 20-30 on the volume is enough to have a mobile concert. Any more - I feel like I am imposing on others stuck in the traffic.
It's funny reading this because my set up (minus the meridian setting) is exactly the same ha. I also agree, with this set up anything past 30 is definitely disturbing those around me in traffic although when I am on the highway like you mentioned, I am in mobile concert mode. Anything but Country haha.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's funny reading this because my set up (minus the meridian setting) is exactly the same ha. I also agree, with this set up anything past 30 is definitely disturbing those around me in traffic although when I am on the highway like you mentioned, I am in mobile concert mode. Anything but Country haha.
You're not listening to the right Country ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As mentioned there is a sub woofer (of sorts) fitted. I don't actually find this slightly enhanced system to be too bad. Admittedly it doesn't stand up to the B&O in my S5 but it's comparable to the HK system I had in my old Mercedes ML.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts