Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the speaker sizes? Have a 2016 HSE Luxury with the 11 speaker that I’d like to upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone get an answer?

My research shows the following sizes for my 2015 Disco Sport. I do not know the dash speaker size (mine does not have one).

Front Door Subs: 6 1/2"
Front Door Mids: 3"
Front Door Tweeters: 1"

Rear Door Sub/Mids: 6 1/2"
Rear Door Tweeters: 1"

Amplifier is under driver's seat.

I am replacing all speakers, and amplifier. Leaving in stock head unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there a plug and play amplifier upgrade or do you have to go full custom? I'd like to upgrade everything but leave the head unit as is. I also looked at a bunch before buying and one I saw but didn't look at listed a seperate subwoofer. Was this an option in the trunk area?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did
Is there a plug and play amplifier upgrade or do you have to go full custom? I'd like to upgrade everything but leave the head unit as is. I also looked at a bunch before buying and one I saw but didn't look at listed a seperate subwoofer. Was this an option in the trunk area?
There may be a plug and play, but I couldn't find one coming from the stock head unit. So, I just ran the speaker wires from the stock amplifier into an Audio Control LC7i, then installed the amplifiers from that, then speakers from amplifier, using stock speaker wiring. The Audio Control is a great addition. Many options to go in whatever direction you want.

There is a subwoofer in my trunk area. It behind the carpeted wall in the to the right of the spare tire (look forward from back of vehicle). I am still messing around with it all and learning along the way. Not too difficult with today's internet DIY resources.

Also, the dash speaker is 4" tweeter/mid.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I just started messing around in trunk area. I saw there is no insulation, or sound deadening at all on the rearfloor. So, I decided to pull out the spare tire, foam, and will remove factory subwoofer. Then, I will put in insulation and sound deadening, and put it all back in (with new subwoofer).

Having bare metal, with only small pad and carpet really affects road heat, road noise, and takes away from a quality stereo sound.

I am adding a couple pictures of it cleaned out. Let me know if anyone wants pictures of anything specific.

W1macc

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts