Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I so got my Eibach spring lift installed. Very happy with the result...except that I already have some rubbing when my wheel is turned sharply...on top of that I have a set of 255/60/r18s on the way which I can only assume will increase the rubbing.

I am thinking about getting small wheel spacers (1/2 inch?) to give my tires some more room. Any suggestions? I want to make sure I get the best and safest spacers available but I have found the selections a bit confusing Hub-centric vs Lugg centric?

I included a pic of My DS with the lift.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
381 Posts
I had bought aftermarket wheels for my last car and was told that Hub centric is the proper way. But with extending the wheel outward not sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi @SoCaliDiscoSport Those looks like stock rims. What's your current tire size? 3Were you having any rubbing issues prior to the lift install?

By your screenname I assume you're in SoCal. Me too! Where did you get your lift kit installed and approximately how much was it? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very curious about your experience as the Eibach lift kit is next on my upgrade list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you are having similar issues to me. Also did an Eibach spring lift in the hope of getting Pirelli 255/55/R19 tires on. Sadly too far too close to the springs on the back. So tried 15mm hubcentric spacers, which didnt give enough clearance for the bolts to fit. So now wondering if I go for 3mm (or 5mm) spacers or up to something larger (Will 20mm fit?) eitherway this is becoming an expensive and time consuming journey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi @SoCaliDiscoSport Those looks like stock rims. What's your current tire size? 3Were you having any rubbing issues prior to the lift install?

By your screenname I assume you're in SoCal. Me too! Where did you get your lift kit installed and approximately how much was it? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very curious about your experience as the Eibach lift kit is next on my upgrade list.
I went to an auto shop in Chula Vista if you are in the San Diego area I will send you over the info. If possible, try to get into Socal Suspension in El Cajon. They are tough to get a hold of but I hear they are the best around.

I was charged 575, but I would expect to pay 600-700.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think 15mm will fit. Mine certainly didn't. The problem is that the bolts stick out too far into the wheels. I would test 20mm or even 25mm first before attempting to fit them as most suppliers wont accept returns if they have already been fitted to a vehicle. The design makes it almost impossible not to mark the aluminium.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts