Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my DS home today and after picking up my kids, we all noticed an odd sound coming from what seemed like the rear driver side, but only when turning left. It sounded almost like a chopper overhead (kind of faintly) Then ticking. Please help. I'm hoping its something minor, or maybe a setting I have set up wrong. I don't want to start complaining to the dealer already. Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
OrangeLR - Well, congrats on the new purchase! Is the sound coming from inside or outside the car (I know - can be hard to tell). The faint ticking sounds like it could be the infamous B-pillar issue if coming from the inside (search the forum - you'll find lots on it). Otherwise, the chopper overhead is weird one. Not experienced that myself. Thoughts kind of go to a rear CV joint, especially of noticeable when turning in only one direction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you MGLarry! I love it, but wasn't expecting to have an issue on day one. My husband said that the "chopper" sound was vibration... and it sounds like its coming from the outside, back driver side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts