Discovery Sport Forum banner

SOS Limited Functionality

29K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  s.skaife100 
#1 ·
I have just had this code come up on my 2015 DS L550

I have read various posts on here and on the Evoque forums and it seems a common problem, most likely the telematics module needs replacing or the back up batteries need replacing.

Does anyone know where the module and batteries are located in the car? Also is this something a reasonably competent DIY’er can do?

I don’t really want to pay dealer prices when you can get second hand units on eBay for less than one hours charge from the dealer.

#2 ·
Hello mate,
I have the same problem with the SOS Limited Functionality, I bought a car from auction whoch been “Stolen and Recovered”, since I have the car it always showed me in the dash “SOS Limited Functionality”, I hve change the battery and still the same… in the last 2 months I been trying to find the “Telematics Control Unit” because the error comes from there as I’ve been reading a lot about it and finally this evening I found it, it is located in the boot driver side where you actually have no access, you have to unbolt the 2 bolts on the bottom which holds the plastic and then gently pull the cover off and you can see it first under the window!
My problem is that the cables RED and Blue were disconnected and also no backup battery on, I will try to buy a battery somehow and put it back and I’ll come up with an update to let you know if I can get rid of the “Error” or not!
Cheers

#13 ·
Yes I think they are saying the right side. Two bolts to get behind the panel.
If anyone checking this, was there a battery also ?
Also can you swap these units out or do you have to get Them reprogrammed when fitting a new one?
Only think of this if the unit may faulty to rid of the message.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.