Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Discovery Sport. Says updates downloaded ready to install. Tried 10 times. In WIFI out of WIFI with hot spot, both manual and scheduled.
In end says did not update.
Went to dealer. They had same issue. Said put in a ticket with Land Rover. Put in a scheduled update for late that night and told me to call them.
Of course did not update. I asked them what Land Rover is planning on doing about this. Said they would contact Land Rover and let me know.
Anyone else have this issue? They said vehicle specific.

Issue #2. Wireless charger doesn't work with my iPhone 12. Dealer did a software update. Said it works for them. Mine, occasionally, and very occasionally starts to charge then stops. Again, anyone else with this?

Love the vehicle, just seems annoying with what appears to be software issues.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
729 Posts
If you look online you will find numerous complaints of IPhone not charging in many models of cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tried 12 times so far (3.2.0)..... 'software update failed to load because vehicle was not secure'.

Nonsense of course - vehicle locked and alarmed (even according to the dodgy LR App) on all occasions.

3.0.0 downloaded in the drive in December and nothing has changed (checked router address etc)

Smart key then started playing up (place key here as shown and press start) wouldn't. In the end had to go to dealer as other things stopped working (touch entry). Picked it up yesterday - new software downloaded by them and things seem to be OK for the moment :rolleyes:

MY21 DS P300e R-Dynamic HSE | Carpathian Grey | Privacy Glass | Matrix Headlights | Solar w/screen | LR F&R Dash Cams

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tried 12 times so far (3.2.0)..... 'software update failed to load because vehicle was not secure'.

Nonsense of course - vehicle locked and alarmed (even according to the dodgy LR App) on all occasions.

3.0.0 downloaded in the drive in December and nothing has changed (checked router address etc)

Smart key then started playing up (place key here as shown and press start) wouldn't. In the end had to go to dealer as other things stopped working (touch entry). Picked it up yesterday - new software downloaded by them and things seem to be OK for the moment :rolleyes:

MY21 DS P300e R-Dynamic HSE | Carpathian Grey | Privacy Glass | Matrix Headlights | Solar w/screen | LR F&R Dash Cams
Mine did update seamlessly on WiFi. Took about a half hour. The iPhone bluetooth works and reconnects instantly every time now. Big improvement on that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my car charges my phone but the updates won’t install been trying everything for over a month. Dealership gave instructions to do at home and still doesn’t work. Need to get it to the dealership for them to try but have to carve out the time to drive an hour away. Very frustrating never had this issue with a vehicle before.

2022 Discovery Sport. Says updates downloaded ready to install. Tried 10 times. In WIFI out of WIFI with hot spot, both manual and scheduled.
In end says did not update.
Went to dealer. They had same issue. Said put in a ticket with Land Rover. Put in a scheduled update for late that night and told me to call them.
Of course did not update. I asked them what Land Rover is planning on doing about this. Said they would contact Land Rover and let me know.
Anyone else have this issue? They said vehicle specific.

Issue #2. Wireless charger doesn't work with my iPhone 12. Dealer did a software update. Said it works for them. Mine, occasionally, and very occasionally starts to charge then stops. Again, anyone else with this?

Love the vehicle, just seems annoying with what appears to be software issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts