Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2019 disco sport. Warning light came on for low antifreeze. While going to dealership check engine light came on also. Told the dealer low on antifreeze and check light was fixed also. Now when driving and it gets warm. The smell of antifreeze can be smelled. I have checked for leaks under the car and inside the engine. Question is has anybody experience this also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Sport and it has a strong smell of coolant under the hood after a drive. I have looked everywhere and do not see any leak. I pressure washed the engine and could really smell coolant during the wash. It seems the smell and far less since the washing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a 2018 LR Disco Sport and since purchasing a year ago I’ve had nothing but issues with the coolant light coming on and strong smell after driving. It has been in the shop at least 8 times and I’ve taken it to 2 different dealers. They replaced a hose originally that was leaking...apparently the hose isn’t visible nor is the fluid leaking straight out so not noted unless the mechanic takes the components a part...picked up vehicle and not 15 minutes away and light was back on...brought back and told “air bubble “....got it back drove 2 days coolant light and check engine light on....supposedly that time it was a solenoid issue and they replaced coolant reservoir, which includes the sensor and new cap...failed again less than a month later...replaced the other set of solenoids and topped off coolant...AGAIN...still drives like a junker, coolant light on AGAIN...smells of coolant constantly...turns back on after being parked when exiting the vehicle, the auto stop/start has never worked properly and has also been replaced twice and still continues to drive very jerky. I’m so disappointed...it only has max 20K on it...and was just towed to dealer AGAIN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts