Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
A few thousand kms ago I started experience a rough and inconsistent idle along with a slight vibration when I come to a stop sign or stop light. Essentially anytime I am on the brakes a full 100% the car vibrates. I feel it in the steering wheel, driver and passenger seats, center console etc. However, no check engine light.
I've seen something like this with other vehicles. What it turned out to be was a warped brake rotor. Nothing electronic, so no codes or lights.
The key is if the vibrating stops when you fully stop then it could well be the brake rotor.
The shaking can be really bad depending on how bad the rotor warp is. The fix is either to turn the rotor (the usual fix) or replace it if it's really bad.

I've had my share of problems and issues with the vehicle and service. Almost always.... "Cannot reproduce" or "Can't do that".
I've opened a case with LR_USA - that was 3 weeks ago. They said 48hour response turn-around. But I made allowances due to it being the holidays.
Still waiting.......................

·
Registered
61 Posts
I truly don't believe that LR cares about you after you purchase their vehicle. After service "cannot reproduce" multiple times, we opened a case for the transmission sluggishness problem on December 19, 2017. I was told 48 hour response time. No response since. My wife called up just today and they said there was a note on the case that the rep called the "retailer" (most likely dealer/service), nothing else. No call to us, none. My wife was forwarded to the rep who has the case and had to leave a message. No response yet.
I'm still trying to understand the almost complete lack of customer service.
$50,000+ vehicle? This was supposed to be our retirement car.
I had something similar with a 2004 BMW X3 in 2005/6, we got rid of the vehicle within 2 years.
At this point I don't know what else to do.
I just want a vehicle I don't need to fight to drive.

Bottom line.............Unless something drastically changes, I will never purchase another Land Rover again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
and I was told "if a code is not showing up and the sensors are functioning, then there is nothing I can do for you whether you're paying or not"
I've heard that before. Problem is that it "may" be that some codes may be "cleared" (see below).
My intent is to bring this thread text with to service on my next scheduled service.

.... In a thread on another site the following was a statement made by a LR person in the UK to an LRDS owner in the UK................................................
"......We had one in from the police today a Discovery Sport very late 2016 model in with your fault, but it had a Twist with it, it was also a software glitch and EGR fault this is what you’re problem is most likely to be. With regards with the main dealer stating that no codes are present, this can be true sometimes as when the ignition is turned off the codes can be cleared from the ECU this why I suggested a cheap code reader. If the car is only six months old and you can prove that it’s not fit for purpose you have a case, sadly I hear this all the time now and about a year ago we gain a customer from the main dealer that tried to pull the wool over her eyes I took up her case on her behalf after they got nowhere with them (M-D) we got full refund and credit on her next service which she hasn’t taking up and paid to replace damaged items, it’s all about service and returning customers let’s see if JLR and the main dealer will walk the talk for you......."
Another post in the same thread mentioned that she had a possible EGR problem that was "fixed" by applying two pence pieces - she believes - at the EGR valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts