Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^ I have thought about picking up a code reader or taking it to a non authorized land rover repair shop (I have one close to my office). I imagined asking them to diagnose and then have a dealer complete the work.

Sadly Land Rover Canada provided next to no support. I went for a drive with the tech who noticed the vibration I am speaking about and he explained that all of Land Rover's 2L/4 cylinder engines are known to vibrate and be sluggish and these symptoms show worse in colder weather. To his knowledge, there is no current repair for this issue. However, his report to Land Rover Canada did not mention any acknowledgment of the vibration at all but rather "dealer cannot recreate customer reported fault". When I explained the conversation about the vibration with the tech and how he acknowledged it, they responded explaining it was not in the report therefore the case will close.

I guess I was just being stubborn because this vibration did not exist for the first 37,000km which included a cold winter last year. Anyhow, I imagined Land Rover Canada would have leaned on the dealership a bit to look at little deeper at the issue but alas, nothing more than a follow up phone call.
^^ I have thought about picking up a code reader or taking it to a non authorized land rover repair shop (I have one close to my office). I imagined asking them to diagnose and then have a dealer complete the work.

Sadly Land Rover Canada provided next to no support. I went for a drive with the tech who noticed the vibration I am speaking about and he explained that all of Land Rover's 2L/4 cylinder engines are known to vibrate and be sluggish and these symptoms show worse in colder weather. To his knowledge, there is no current repair for this issue. However, his report to Land Rover Canada did not mention any acknowledgment of the vibration at all but rather "dealer cannot recreate customer reported fault". When I explained the conversation about the vibration with the tech and how he acknowledged it, they responded explaining it was not in the report therefore the case will close.

I guess I was just being stubborn because this vibration did not exist for the first 37,000km which included a cold winter last year. Anyhow, I imagined Land Rover Canada would have leaned on the dealership a bit to look at little deeper at the issue but alas, nothing more than a follow up phone call.
any update on this? Sorry, just bought a used 2017 discovery sport and found the same problem. So any news on this will be helpful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts