Discovery Sport Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does NOT appear to be fixed. Still hesitating around corners, stutters, launches.
Frustrated would be a severe understatement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had the exact same problem with my 2017 Disovery Sport since January 2018. It does it first thing out of our garage going straight or after a 90 degree turn but also at anytime after it’s warmed up. When passing on the highway I never know what I have underneath me ~~ is it going to go or not? I would hate for an inexperienced driver to drive one of these vehicles because decisions are split seconds. Just yesterday I made the 90 degree turn it hesitated and I put the accelerator to the floor board and the vehicle was literally not moving forward. After a 3-4 seconds it jerked us forward. LR has had my vehicle for 14 appointments and over 70 days. This last time I contacted my service rep I was told “I spoke with the service manager again on your vehicle. He says we still cannot do put any more parts on the car without actually capturing a failing component. He suggests you file a buy back petition with land rover.” I called LR customer service about the Lemon Law and she laughed in my face. I emailed her 21 pages of notes and never heard from her. They replaced the control module, valve body and did the latest update. It was a different vehicle after the update put now it as regressed back to what it was doing before. This is the worst decision I have ever made to buy a LR. I miss my Audi Q5. It had 150,000 and still ran like the day I drive it off the lot. Trade in on this vehicle sucks too. I’ve had BMWs and Audis and was never treated like this as a consumer.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have never had problem slow acceleration in turns or elsewhere for that matter. But I did have 2 injectors changed out this fall after getting a check engine light. After driving for a few weeks to let everything settle in I notice a smoother engine sound and faster response when taking off. Turbo also seems more linear as well

Was told at the dealer that Bosch had a batch of bad injectors so maybe that is the problem , but getting them to inspect the injectors may be hard.

Something has changed in the fuel delivery, before my onboard fuel economy was 14% lower (optimistic) than actual pencil and paper calculation now it is 17% lower. So the engine has to be getting more fuel in the 2 cylinders that had injectors changed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2018 RRS HSE Dynamic. It’s supercharged so not a turbo lag. The truck hesitates all the time. Around turns, during traffic and always at lower speeds. The problem is that the transmission isn’t shifting to the right gears. If I approach a stop sign and roll through it there is a 1-2 second delay before the truck moves because it stays in 2nd gear. If I make a complete stop and wait 2 seconds then there is no hesitation because the tranny goes to first gear in a complete stop. All these problems to save on MPG. If I use the paddle shifters the truck never hesitates because I can put it in the correct gears. The gears need to be remapped or something. My truck has been in the shop since December 5th (for new transmission). Brand new truck and already needs new tranny. After picking it up a month and a half later it has the same problems. It’s so frustrating. $90k trucks that drive like crap. Oh btw my infotainment system always glitches and shuts off. Too many problems with these trucks to sell at that price point. Thank God LR is buying the truck back through lemon law. If it’s in the shop for over 20 days it automatically qualifies for a buyback. Food for thought. The hesitation isn’t because of turbo lag. It’s the stupid transmission and gear mapping. They programmed it like that on purpose for better fuel economy but in turn we are slamming the gas for the truck to move which is wasting more fuel. I will NEVER buy another LR unless these transmissions and gears are fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2018 RRS HSE Dynamic. It’s supercharged so not a turbo lag.

Different engine, different transmission, different forced air and different make than this forum.
Yes I know. My father has a DS with the same issues. Came here looking for answers and see that this is a problem throughout their entire fleet of trucks. Figured I post about my similar issues as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Enable the paddles in Drive

I've enabled the paddles when in Drive and lower the gear manually when making sharp slow turns. Transmission simply does not downshift automatically so when you make that turn it's in too high a gear...at least in my experience.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts