Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
One step forward five back...

1) Tried again with the dealer / service for the acceleration problem. 3 weeks +200 miles (second 3 week) - results - "Cannot reproduce". Is this an ability thing or is it a denial thing?... I'm not sure.
2) I had a whole sheet that DETAILED the symptoms and steps to reproduce plus a few more items. This appears to have gone nowhere near the technicians. The descriptions on the service ticket receipt given to us is nowhere near what I had detailed. (Side note - I had a tire rotation on the list, no tire rotation was done. So IMO the sheet was ignored in total)
3) Service applied a "shift point" patch to the transmission. Now the problem seems worse and more stuttering. Haven't see the massive loss of power, but it's still there and now is more often.
4) Had a 2019 LRDS as a loaner. The problems still exist in the 2019 - however the patch used in #2 on my 2017 pretty much replicates the 2019.
5) Now the DSC - off - trick no longer works after the "shift point" patch.

Bottom Line - We're done - looking for a new car... (for those asking - they offered us the same trade-in value as the market and no deal on new).

***A brighter note related to this thread is that the procedure for clearing the learning does work for me and mostly reduces / band-aids the problem.

Hope everyone is having better luck...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a pre-owned 2016 and these steps improved things for me as well but I'm still not impressed, at all, with the Discovery's transmission. I've yet to try the paddles for manual shifting and when I get some time and some open space to experiment I intend to. What frustrates me the most is then when you decelerate for turns or whatever the transmission remains in too high a gear and when you accelerate is bangs into a low gear and the decompression throws you forward causing you to lurch. It's annoying and I wonder what kind of damage is being done internally over time. I've managed to minimize it for the most part using pedal pressure but every now and then it gets me. I still love my DS though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That’s the answer I always got CANNOT REPRODUCE NOT GETTING CODE. I have done the reset of the transmission many times. It works for awhile and now it’s time to reset it. I don’t understand how they can do an update, which fixed the problem, but then it reverted back to the problem again. Same on the sound system update. I can barely hear when a call comes in. How does this happen??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone every got anywhere with this? My car is now out of warranty - I've had it in to LR for this very issue and they said they reset the gearbox module which learns driving style. To be honest it made no different whatsoever.
I've just had the car in for a new oil pump, haldex flush, transmission oil change, gearbox seal, front drive shaft and suspension arm (and no it never goes off road) and that will be the last I get under warranty. The car has been back for a month now and my wife drove it for the first time since it went in. She almost threw the keys at me when she returned. "Awful" was how she put it - "what have they done to our car?"
I must admit I tend to drive the vehicle based on how bad I know the lag to be but the gearbox is really playing up.
So if I slow down behind another vehicle, or near a road junction end, and then accelerate, the car seems to be in too high a gear. It thinks about it for a while, kicks down a gear and then the turbo kicks in. It's like being on a ride at Alton Towers.
I know taking it to my dealer will result in a bill for diagnostics and a nice report to tell me they found nothing - so absolutely no point in taking it in.
Don't get me wrong - I love the car - it looks good (Carpathian Grey, Dynamic Lux) but the driving is sending me nuts. Seriously considering swapping it now.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts