Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have something to try....
I turned off the anti-skid feature (right most button) and it "seems" to help. I did this every drive since Tuesday PM and it seemed to really change the acceleration profile. Take note of where you have the hesitation problem, then turn off anti-skid and then repeat the offending maneuver.

Let everyone know if you see a difference.

In the upper midwest US, we have quite a bit of snow and ice, a couple of times the anti-skid kicked in and it dawned on me that it behaved almost the same - so I am trying an experiment on that mode.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Success.......................................................................!
I've been turning off the DSC (anti-skid) function since last Tuesday (January 22).
This has really changed the performance for me.
The Slow acceleration / loss of power problem is gone, except briefly when -20F and the car is cold, so I don't count that.
This made a major improvement to the acceleration problem so many are experiencing / describing.
I personally have no problem with turning DSC off. But the decision is yours based on your comfort level.

I will try to explain the effect next time I'm in (probably in a month or so) for the yearly service.
I don't know if they will do anything, I'm sorry to say as no one in LR has engaged on this yet. But I will try.

Given this was an experiment, I am very surprised that this worked for me as well as it did.
This tells me it's most likely not the transmission, but the software / code that controls these functions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts