Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and to Disco Sport ownership. I took it offroad for the first time last weekend and definitely will be adding underbody protection. In reading through the forums it looks like most have opted for the engine skid plate only, not the full four piece kit that Rival offers. Is there any reason for this? Is the other protection not necessary for general offroading? I am planning to do the spring lift as well, and most of my offroad use will be mild trail riding. Thanks in advance for the insight!

·
Registered
58 Posts
$$$

But in all seriousness, the engine is the least protected and most exposed part of the undercarriage to trail damage. The rear diff comes after, then the gas tank (which is already wrapped in two layers of plastic). You can drive with just front wheel drive or a dent in tank, but you're not going anywhere without an oil pan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense. I've noticed the kits aren't available here in the US; where is everyone purchasing them from? I've been striking out in most places. They are either out of stock or don't ship to the US.

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport HSE, 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee
87 Posts
That makes sense. I've noticed the kits aren't available here in the US; where is everyone purchasing them from? I've been striking out in most places. They are either out of stock or don't ship to the US.
I got my Rival 4mm engine/gearbox skid plate here: Autoranger — Only the best for your vehicle. It was a pretty easy transaction. They seem to have a few weeks backlog, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.