Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the Kuda company (kudausa dot com) when searching for a good phone mount option for my LR2 several years ago. Now that I have a DS, I wanted the same type mount. They offer great leather-wrapped, molded phone mounting bases that look good in the car.

This is what it looked like in my LR2:

HOWEVER,
When I bought the model specific for my DS recently -- with a written promise from the sales guy that I could return it without paying restocking fee -- my expectations were not met. The base obscured the screen a bit, even without the phone mount installed. Here are a couple of pictures of the base, and where the phone mount would be from the driver's POV.

I'll be sending my mount back this week. Hope you found this interesting. Cheers!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an update on the KUDA phone mount. I wrote the company and told them I wanted to return it, and showed them why. So that conversation led to the guy that runs KUDA USA saying, "Tell you what: Let me sketch something up and have my folks in Germany make one a little taller. If you like it, keep it and return the original. If you don't like either, return them both for your refund." So I just got the new one and dry-fitted it to take some photos. They literally just molded another and wrapped it in leather based on this sketch from Derk. Here are the photos. I am not crazy about it covering a piece of the time on the screen, or the cord hanging down, but I think I'm going to keep it and try it out. I can always take it off. There are no nails or screws, only a piece of metal you bend down under that trim and the trim snaps back down. Thought y'all would find all this interesting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts