Discovery Sport Forum banner

Service due in 1350miles (only 3300miles on car)

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  agarabaghi 
#1 ·
I thought the interval was every 10k on these car? Im getting a pop up on my 2017 that service is due in 1350, when the car only has 3300ish miles... any ideas?

#2 ·
The service interval is not miles or time only, it's based on the driving called condition based service (CBS).
Mine is popping up for service every 8,000 miles.

#4 ·
The service book says an average of 10,000 miles or 1 year but since service now is based on sensors, computers and algorithms, it's natural for the service interval to be different.

My past 5 BMWs have all had the CBS service intervals differ depending on how I drive, how many miles per trip, highway vs. city driving, etc....

Not unusual for the highly complex monitored cars these days.

It's not like the old days when we had an old Honda or Toyota where you were told to bring it in for service every 3,500 miles for an oil change - that does not happen anymore...

G
#5 ·
The service book says an average of 10,000 miles or 1 year but since service now is based on sensors, computers and algorithms, it's natural for the service interval to be different.
If that's the case, what is your driving like, agarabaghi, if it is prompting you for service at about 5,000 miles (vs. 10,000)?

Mine is prompting for service around 8,200 miles, and so far all of my driving has been city driving, relatively short trips (longest is 30 miles).

#6 ·
service adviser showed me the reason, cars service timer started in july 2016 even though it was originially sold in sept 2017. So it is going off by the time (1yr)

I just reset the light using the brake and gas pedal and hood open and will change oil this weekend before we drive from FL to CO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.