Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car back from it's first service since I bought it (approved used) back in September last year, only to be told that it has a serious issue with the front differential. Fortunately it is still under warranty and I can arrange for repair at no extra cost or hopefully be able to swap the vehicle out.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and whether they got the problem fixed or simply sent the car back and changed out? Obviously a concern given the age of the car and mileage on the clock when I bought it (8k), with regard to any future problems should I opt to go for repair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had my car back from it's first service since I bought it (approved used) back in September last year, only to be told that it has a serious issue with the front differential. Fortunately it is still under warranty and I can arrange for repair at no extra cost or hopefully be able to swap the vehicle out.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and whether they got the problem fixed or simply sent the car back and changed out? Obviously a concern given the age of the car and mileage on the clock when I bought it (8k), with regard to any future problems should I opt to go for repair.
No issues here, but wondering what was wrong with the Diff? how was it diagnosed? curious. J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the mechanic identified this purely from the noise that it was making, whereas I was assuming that was the norm for a Disco diesel having not driven one before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts