Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Are you sure you have the optional climate package for both heat and cooling ??

If not, you only have heating standard....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you sure you have the optional climate package for both heat and cooling ??

If not, you only have heating standard....
Yes, I definitely have the climate package. Cooling on the seat bottoms seems to work fine. I also didn't realize that without the climate package you got standard heated seats. I test drove a car without it and it didn't even have the buttons on the console.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are you feeling any airflow? Get out of the car with it running and have a feel.

Cooling isn't cooling - it's just ventilation (unlike heat). So if it's hot day, it's just blowing warm air until the cabin cools off.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Are you feeling any airflow? Get out of the car with it running and have a feel.

Cooling isn't cooling - it's just ventilation (unlike heat). So if it's hot day, it's just blowing warm air until the cabin cools off.
Yes - ^^^ this.

Cooling is not A/C for your seat - it is just a fan that moves air on your behind and back.

Turn on the cabin A/C and then you will notice the very cool air on your back/behind.

I love this dual temperature feature of the seats compared to my BMW because the BMW only has heating standard. The Disco has both heating and cooling - the best for Southern California or desert folks because in the mornings I use the heating for the cold temps in the 40s and then in the afternoon we are in the 100's where the cooling really helps you stay dry!:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
I get air out of the seat bottom but zero air out of the seat back. I'll have to have them take a look at it.
Yeah, it could be a vent issue or a blend door or actuator switch.....all I can say for sure is...Either somethings wrong, or something ain't right. ;)

I will add that the back rest in ours doesn't blow as hard as it does through the seat bottom portion but you DO notice it. It's the same way with the he heat....the seat bottom is always way hotter than the back rest, but again, you still notice heat and cold on your back.

Good luck and report back please.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes - ^^^ this.

I love this dual temperature feature of the seats compared to my BMW because the BMW only has heating standard. The Disco has both heating and cooling - the best for Southern California or desert folks because in the mornings I use the heating for the cold temps in the 40s and then in the afternoon we are in the 100's where the cooling really helps you stay dry!:D
I'm envious the Disco is my wife's for this reason. Cooled seats is the highest luxury I can imagine. Especially as she doesn't like the AC on as high as I do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Is it possible that the cooling seat option only works when AC is also on? It seems I only feel it when AC is on. I know that seems wrong but it's what seems to be happening. Also, when I do get it to work, it only works on the seat, the back never cools down and that area is definitely selected on the soft key settings.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it possible that the cooling seat option only works when AC is also on? It seems I only feel it when AC is on. I know that seems wrong but it's what seems to be happening. Also, when I do get it to work, it only works on the seat, the back never cools down and that area is definitely selected on the soft key settings.
I'll mess with ours today and report back. I can say I don't feel it in the back nearly as much as the seat.

·
Registered
588 Posts
You don't need the AC on to make it work.
Try this: turn up the climate controls and heat up the cabin.
Then turn off the climate control - wait till it gets humid and your back/bottom feels sticky.
Then turn on the seat cooling the the 3 setting (blue down arrow) and wait a minute, shift around in the seat and then notice if your back and bottom starts drying...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts