Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SE has the "Vision Assist" package which gives you factory xenon lights. One thing I've noticed is they do not auto level when firing (unlike Merc, Lexus, BMW, Subaru... the name goes on). Does anyone know if these are auto leveling or if there is an electronic leveling adjustment?

My headlights are aimed extremely high out of the box and have been flashed by many neighbors :-/

·
Registered
590 Posts
Make sure your Vision Assist package comes with Adaptive Xenon Headlamps. We have the adaptive headlamps and they do turn as you turn the steering wheel and they seem to auto level every time we start the car. Never had anyone throw a high beam at us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only the HSE and Lux came with adaptive xenons :(

Looking at these cars overall, they were available with 3 different pairs of headlights, halogen, Xenon + LED and adaptive Xenon + LED...

Still goes back, do the SE w/ Xenon's have leveling? Hmmm..?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My SE has the "Vision Assist" package which gives you factory xenon lights. One thing I've noticed is they do not auto level when firing (unlike Merc, Lexus, BMW, Subaru... the name goes on). Does anyone know if these are auto leveling or if there is an electronic leveling adjustment?

My headlights are aimed extremely high out of the box and have been flashed by many neighbors :-/
I have the same configuration and my vin decodes to:
* AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP LEVELING

·
Registered
588 Posts
You may have to manually adjust the headlight angle.

·
Registered
588 Posts
No, auto level is not mandatory in the US.

I have had many BMWs with and without auto level Xenons. My current 2014 BMW is Xenon with auto level and auto directional tracking around turns.

My DS has Xenons but does NOT have auto level nor auto tracking around curves like my BMW.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, auto level is not mandatory in the US.

I have had many BMWs with and without auto level Xenons. My current 2014 BMW is Xenon with auto level and auto directional tracking around turns.

My DS has Xenons but does NOT have auto level nor auto tracking around curves like my BMW.
It must be different in Canada, two of my Audi's, BMW and LR have/had Xenons and ALL have auto leveling included with Xenon's option. Again, I am referig only to auto leveling and not auto Corner tracking which is an option in all cases. As i recall, the first Xenon fitted vehicles did not have auto leveling and manual adjustment was available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts