Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Disco Sport 2015 HSE. SD card satnav. What best, cheapest & easiest way to update my satnav please? Can I just buy an updated card off ebay & insert? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
654 Posts

The SD card is vin protected. Most owners make a back up of the SD card on a faster card .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. Disco Sport 2015 HSE. SD card satnav. What best, cheapest & easiest way to update my satnav please? Can I just buy an updated card off ebay & insert? Thanks.
I tried to do this earlier in 2020 only to find out that Land Rover changed Satnav suppliers to TomTom in ~2016 and the 2015 Discovery Sport (and before) Satnav has NO upgrades available.
The result is that when I did a big trip across Australia in late 2020, I took my Navman satnav and used that, as the built-in one in the Disco spent times VERY confused that I was driving across mountains and through rivers! This is a major fail on the part of Land Rover to not support their vehicles from 6 years ago and insist that the previous Satnav supply company provide them with updated maps for purchase. BTW, the TomTom upgrades cost ~AU$125 for an upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
654 Posts
I updated my navigation in July 2020 and then transferred all the information to a faster sd card. 2016 model. But I think there are no more updates ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is a program you can download from LR website to update your SD card. I run it from time to time to see if new updates are available but, as other poster said, since 2020 there is no update. Will there be more in the future? No Ody knows. By the way, this software is free, no need to pay for the updates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts