Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a pre-owned DS with satellite radio. I've found plenty of base models in my area but none have satellite radio. I don't know why that is such a rare option. I've talked w/ LR support and service and they said that it is something that has to be installed with the original build and the official LR satellite (upgraded audio package) cannot be installed after market. Has anyone installed satellite radio after purchase and if so any recommendations?

(Also, I am aware that I can stream Sirius from my phone through the car's BT capabilities, but I do want something installed).

Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
https://shop.siriusxm.com/radios/vehicle/

I added one of these to my old truck a long time ago. It was great. I could dismount mine and take it inside and plug it into my stereo and everything. Any decent car audio shop or even a dealer should be able to install it for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me neither, it's been very painful. Any experience using inControl apps and thoughts on whether the mobile Sirius app would work with that? I'm trying to avoid a standalone (after market) satellite radio and would like to avoid just streaming from my phone if possible.

·
Registered
590 Posts
InControl apps has a very limited app suite. Sirius app is not compatible.....at least not at this time. InControl apps is a bit of a joke.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ya InControl apps is not the way to go. Even if it did have compatibility im not sure you would want to constantly plug your phone in and out of your glove box every time you drive.

Im not sure what the thing is with incontrol apps unless you have a standalone phone that all your music is on and you leave it in the glove box.

I think your only route is the standalone radio if you really want sirius.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I added a Sirius radio to my wife's car using their car kit. It's an older car that she loves and won't give up (save me a car payment).

The kit was easy to install, but certainly not very elegant or finished. I wonder if I had spent money (or time/effort) to really try and make it more "professional" if it would help. Might be able to hide the power cable, radio cable, etc. better - but the radio itself is mounted to the dash, not in the dash (though, as bornacane says, makes it very easy to take with you).

I'm not familiar with other options, but haven't really looked - there must be something out there that is "built-in" aftermarket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought y DS a few weeks ago and mine didn't come with satellite. I've been Sirius customer for over 10 years and it was weird not having it as part of the original equipment. I have the SiriusXM app on my iPhone and I just stream it either through Bluetooth or cable. The sound quality is great and with a magnetic mount on the air vents my phone sits close to me. The only downside is you can't use the steering wheel preset controls. Overall, I'm ok with missing included satellite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts