Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Discovery Sport satellite radio comes on immediately but the presets and the ability to change channels is delayed. Most times it is about a minute. 2 or 3 times a week its more like 5 minutes and sometimes its over 20 minutes. I just bought this from a dealer a few weeks ago. They told me that there is a technical bulletin out by Land Rover that states there is a 15-30 second delay with the satellite radio is considered normal. I would be happy with that. I asked about a 5 - 20 minute delay. He said they want to do more research so they kept the vehicle.

Anyone else had similar issues and if so how were they resolved?

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
JEL - I have always experienced a delay considered normal (15-20 seconds, less if I remotely unlock the car before I get to it, seems to get the boot-up process started before you get to the car). Have never experienced anything longer than that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...much longer. One time over 20 minutes, until I arrived at my destination. When I got back in the vehicle it came back on fully as it should. Most times its a minute or 2. I just got it back from the dealer. They did an "audio module" update. So far so good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check with your dealer to see if you have the latest software update. There was a new on a month or two back.

Mine would not only start up slow, but would reboot on its own and forget the radio preset on occasion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the Audio Module update on Tuesday it has been working fine. Land Rover states that there can be a 15-30 second delay on satellite startup. That is exactly what it is doing now. I can live with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue where it's 20 minutes or more. Sometimes ll day where it never allows me to change the station and I have to listen to the same station until it decides to come back! Maybe I need a software update, my Discovery is only 3 months old this is so annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts