Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found sales data on the August sales of vehicles in the full-size crossover segment. I'm pretty sure these will be the vehicles that the Discovery Sport will compete against once it comes out. Looks like the model to beat is the Ford Explorer. Do you think the Disco Sport will be able to dethrone the Explorer?

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've understood the Disco to be smaller vehicle than those. ITs based on the Evoque, which is smaller than all of those...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Tough to say if it's going to dethrone the explorer, it does well enough already, then there's this new LR that is cheap that many will want to buy.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ford has a strong brand following, but I think that people are excited by the prospect of an affordable LR. Dethrone the Explorer though? I don't think so. It could steal a little bit of sales though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well we also have to consider that the Disco is likely aiming for a slightly more upscale clientele. Figure its likely aiming to take sales away from Lexus, Cadillac, Lincoln, and even the Germans could be tossed in there, although that is more evoque territory...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see that happening.
It should be quite the battle. Right now I think that Land Rover has a better brand reputation, but the Lincoln MKC is being pushed hard and is quite a nice vehicle. it'll be interesting to see what the reviews say about the Disco Sport, but I think that battle might come down to marketing in the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts