Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in another thread that every once in a while I get a random beep tone in my vehicle as I am driving through some intersections. Music turns down and a tone will beep 3-5 times. After a year I finally discovered what it was.
My vehicle (and I assume everyone else's) has a safety/red light camera notification system. I did not read my manual word for word but after skimming I could not find any information about this system. However, I finally had time to grab a picture.

The initial beep is usually 110 meters out from the intersection and its bang on accurate. There is always a red light camera within the area. (Toronto On, Canada)

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had a 2018 Velar as a loner and it too has this camera alert. It took me a couple of days to determine what the alert was signaling.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our car does the same. You can turn on/off icons in the Nav system showing the marked location.
The alert can be switched off too. You can adjust the volume while it is dinging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport SE R-Dynamic and have this same annoying :eek:(and loud) sound for red light cameras.
Have yet to figure out how to lower the sound of it, I don't mind the warning but not so f loud.

If anyone knows how to adjust, would be much appreciated. I would imaging this is the same on any LandRover 2020 model with NAV...

p.s. first Land Rover and the entertainment system sucks, how is Land Rover not ashamed of releasing cars with that garbage in 2020... slow as molasses. :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts