Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I noticed that in the spare tyre area there are these "S" shaped items (see photos) and I have never seen them before and have no idea what they are for - can someone enlighten me to their use?

I could not find any reference to them in the owners manual.

Thanks

Stuart

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ok I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I noticed that in the spare tyre area there are these "S" shaped items (see photos) and I have never seen them before and have no idea what they are for - can someone enlighten me to their use?

I could not find any reference to them in the owners manual.

Thanks

Stuart
They are bag hooks....for grocery bags and whatnot. They slide into place in a track on either side of the luggage area. They are pretty handy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have them as well (had to check!). I thought they might have something to do with securing cargo loads, etc. - but they don't seem to fit on the tie-down hooks (at least not very well). Confused as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sure, I post about 5 seconds after DiscoDisco answers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DiscoDisco - great to know.

Like MGLarry I am sure others will be wondering so I hope this helps them too.

Now I will go and have a closer look.

Thanks again.

Stuart

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's pretty darn smart and convenient, instead of having your groceries or bags fly around the back there and spread all over the place !

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah, I had to find out from a thread on one of the forums....I had no idea for the first month or so. Yep, they actually work pretty good. My wife uses them to secure the heavier grocery bags when she makes her weekly grub grab :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI DrJJC,

This is where I have fitted them - I just used 2 and the other 2 I keep in reserve for larger shopping expeditions.

Hope these images help.

Stuart

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think that's the only place they can go. And yesterday, unbeknownst to me, one of them came loose and was sliding around in the little storage well. I thought my car had developed some type of new rattle! I had one of the middle seats folded down and thought I caused a new rattle.

I also just realized that the seat belts have extra cloth folded up on them to keep the clip from banging the wall next to the door. Someone got out of the back last evening, and the clip didn't slide down, and I was going crazy with the noise. Wish I had known about that little trick sooner!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts