Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Long time no posts, great to see there's still a fair amount of activity here. My DS is just over 30k miles and still treating me very well. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else has noticed any rusting on the parts under their car. I can try and post pictures, but won't be able too until tomorrow.

Areas I see with visible rust/corrosion:
- Some metal pieces around the rear suspension/exhaust
- The entire exhaust pipes have a slight rusted look and rust/corrosion spots
- Several visible screws are rusted

I compared to our BMW X3, which is 3 years older, and didn't notice a single spot of rust anywhere. I admit that I know very little about the car components so I can get some pics to explain more. I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this or if it's normal for most cars and nothing to worry about!

Maybe I should have bought the rust proofing that I thought was a scam haha...

·
Registered
113 Posts
discoloration - yes.... rust - no way...not after just 30k unless you live by an Ocean or expose your vehicle to salt all the time.....
to see rust that soon.....would be an indication of poor electroplating of the chassis

·
Registered
588 Posts
Chemical oxidation yes, rust no.

As another poster said unless you live in a heavily winterized salt road environment or live near the ocean, you should not have to worry about rusting.

All cars show some type of oxidation under the carriage.

Rust thru in modern cars are unheard of and probably your car won't live past the rust thru warranty...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts