Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a rubbing sound coming from the rear of the vehicle when coming to a stop. Sounds almost like a bearing failure / or driveline issue.

Bought the Disco Sport with 23 miles on the odo and have only had it for literally a few days. Now has 50 miles on it.

Funny thing is, the sound only happens when no other passengers are in the car. Thankfully, the sales rep and service techs were able to replicate the issue and are getting this sorted out under warranty.

Got word yesterday that LR is recommending
to replace the rear axles???!!!

Should be fixed by today. Certainly not expecting to have this sort of problem within the first few days of owning the car. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
121 Posts
How do these cars make it out of the factory haha. I just completed the 24th service visit in 33 months in my current car. I am so sick of lemons!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How do these cars make it out of the factory haha. I just completed the 24th service visit in 33 months in my current car. I am so sick of lemons!
Ouch! @Jsquared, Did you ever consider returning the vehicle?

UPDATE: Dealer installed new axles. Did not solve the problem. Now dealer has concluded it MUST be the differential. So they are ordering a new diff. It could be yet another week before we get our Disco back.

M

·
0 Posts
Holy Moly - jsquared! I have not experienced anything like this (4,500 miles). I had one service call early on for a CEL, but other than that (afraid to say for fear of jinxing) no issues.

I know I wouldn't have put up with nearly as much as you have. Your car must have been finished on Friday the 13th!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I got word from the dealer that installing a new differential ended up fixing the issue. Dealer was very nice and understood that I would have some buyer's remorse after such a large repair on a brand new car. They offered to make amends by hooking me up with the a factory tow bar. Looking forward to the "2nd" delivery of the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received the Disco back this evening. She drives great! No more noises coming from the rear. Apparently, this was the first recorded issue of it's kind on a newly delivered vehicle. Service department gave me a summary write up but LR is still working on the official documentation as they have to update their system for this type of repair.

Happy to be back in the Disco!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts