Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like JLR is planning a Grand Evoque to slot between the Evoque and RR Sport. Its believed that the GE will share platform with the F-Pace and Jaguar XE instead of with the Evoque and Disco Sport.

The new car is expected to be priced between £40,000 and £65,000, depending on the specification. Entry-level models will be powered by turbocharged versions of the four-cylinder Ingenium petrol and diesel engines. All-wheel drive is expected to be standard and the top-end models will get V6 engines.
New Range Rover 'Grand Evoque' planned for 2016 | Autocar

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't know why JLR would not share components with the Discovery Sport...it sounds like the two models should be about the same size :confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know why JLR would not share components with the Discovery Sport...it sounds like the two models should be about the same size :confused:
Not sure why either, one thing for sure it would help with cost cutting efforts, which is clearly what they'd favor.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probabaly because they're phasing out all the Ford legacy. The Evoque and Disco are both still based on a derivative of the Ford EUCD platform.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure why either, one thing for sure it would help with cost cutting efforts, which is clearly what they'd favor.
the new architecture for the Grand Evoque is shared with F-Pace, XE, eventually the new XF and potentially a second Jaguar SUV. So they seem to have the cost efficiency angle covered...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts