Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2017 Discovery Sport which to date has had no electrical issues until now. Just a few days ago many of the system alerts came on / were disabled. This includes DSC, Stability Control, ATPC, and the Airbag light. A big culprit in my mind was a faulty Wheel-Speed sensor given we drive the car regularly (ex: apps 2-3 days a week for 6-mo of the year) in ice, snow in etc. The car has been a workhorse with now 137K miles, so many more than a typical DS with the same model year. So wheel sensors, right?

As it turns out, the dealer found its not that nor the ECU modules, but instead corroded connectors for the wires leading between some of the ECU boxes. 8 labor hours in and the are still debugging which ones. The car has never been submerged but they say the corrosion is typically only found in those scenarios. I'll post an update when we know more. Ugh!

· Registered
4 Posts
As a follow up, looks like the corroded connectors was on a wire-set between two ECU control modules; one which is under the glove box, the other near the rear hatch. The dealer's tech did an 'overlay' connection as JLR only stocks the full end-end cable part, not the standalone connector.

The bigger issue was that he had to remove entire carpeting floorpan to then install this overlay. So while the part was not as expensive, the labour added up to US $3,500! More ugh. Attaching picture, including where the tech was showing me the connector in question.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts