Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roof Rail Cover Lifting

My roof rail cover is lifting on the driver side. (2017 D.S) White plastic clip closest to the windshield fell right out when i barely lifted the cover where it was loose. The clip Doesn't appear to be broken. Is this something the dealer has to fix or is it a simple little thing a handyman can do? Husband is out of town and I know it needs repaired either way so it doesn't blow off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! I called the dealer in Orlando, with whom I have never had any interaction and who has never worked on the vehicle before. The service department said this is becoming a common issue. They had to order the parts and will have to replace the rail cover completely. It will need to be painted to match. They said it will take about two weeks just to get it in and then get it painted. Thankfully, they did not argue with me about it, said it's covered under warranty and they did not even require me to bring the vehicle in so they could inspect it first. All they did was take my name and vin and said they'd call me once everything was ready for installation. Sucks that I have to drive an hour and a half to get there, but I'm so glad that the work is covered and will be done without any hassle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts