Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my White Disco (nicknamed "Leandro" ) 2 months ago. Took it to the dealership (Vancouver, BC) last week to install the roof rails. Asked them to install the Silver ones. When delivered, I noticed they have installed black rails!!! but I think it was a good error, I like the black more lol.....It matches the black lines and dark glasses on the car. So kept it that way.

Yesterday I found used Thule Aeroblade Edge 7503 (Large) and saved 200 bucks. I like these sleek and low cross bars. Don't stick out of the rails and sit pretty low on the roof and easy installation.

Does anyone have suggestions for Ski Racks to put on these bars? Don't have much experience with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I installed the roof rails, but hadn't purchased cross bars yet, was likely going to go with the Thule - so your photos really helped! I like the low profile bars, but wonder how much flex there would be with loads that might allow the bars to impact the panoramic roof glass. I don't plan on carrying very heavy stuff (bikes, which would be near the outside and better supported), and kayaks (more central load point). Your thoughts?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, the black rails look great on the Fuji White DS.

Your Thule bars look great.

I use the Yakima Fat Cat 6 ski racks...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paddyreid, got it from Rack Stop in north van, but I think they only had one used bar :( but you can call and ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MGLarry, that's a good point. I know this Thule bar is good for up to 110lb and believe a single kayak shouldn't be more than 50lb. And you will be adding a little more distance to moonroof with saddles.
I live in a tower and have a low clearance issue in parkade (6' 6") so wanted to stay as low as possible.
But if you are looking for a raised bar, they recommended Yakima Timberline with jetstream bars which looks like this

https://www.rackwarehouse.com/yakima-8000147c-timberline-jetstream-roof-rack.html

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks, Mehranarc, I had seen those (or similar), but really prefer to keep the cross bars within the roof rails, like yours, rather than having them extend out beyond. Much cleaner look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts