Discovery Sport Forum banner

Roof Painting - New Discovery Sport 2017

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ashock 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a new 2017 Discovery Sport since i did find a car with Aruba and black roof i got one with just full aruba color and the dealership told that they can pain the roof with black and deliver the car to me. They said this will be done in their body shop.

Does anyone painted black roof in their new car with the dealership. Almost all the dealers said the same and am wondering would this be covered in warranty?

anyone did like this done and have any problem?
Is it reliable to do this since its not came from the land rover factory painting?

Thanks
Raj

#2 ·
So you could not find a car in Aruba with a black roof?

I don't think it is very common in North America someone asks to have their DS's roof painted in black as most would order it painted from factory but I think for other brands, people do this.

The work would not be covered under Land Rover Manufacturer warranty. Is your dealership covering the cost or are they asking you to pay for it? Either way, have them put in writing that they will have their body shop warranty the work in the future in case the paint peals or whatever defect you may come across. If it's a quality body shop that properly primes and clear coats after paint you shouldn't have any problems.

When people get into car accidents and gets their car painted it looks good as new but obviously factory paint is almost always better.

I love the DS in black roof though so if everything checks out you should go for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.