Discovery Sport Forum banner

Restricted Performance Warning

53K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Allanmac 
#1 ·
We have seen this warning a few times the last couple weeks, mostly during colder days. Has anyone seen this warning or know what it is actually indicating? We talked to a LR tech and they said it was just a sensor that was giving a fault due to the cold weather. He could not tell us what was being restricted.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes it happened to me this past weekend -18F in Lake Placid. You lose all acceleration - even flooring it going up a hill moderate at 60mph you lose speed on the highway (dangerous imo) When temp warns above 0 degrees restart car and all is well. Pretty much sucks and disappointed with LRDS. 2018 model.

#4 ·
I am also getting this warning this morning after overnight parking in the cold weather. temperature outside was 0 Deg. While starting giving the warning message as restricted performance but not accelerating properly on hightway. need to travel back home 70 miles in this warning condition. any help appreciated.

#5 ·
I got this and then some at only 3,000 miles on my 2018. Result: the dealer said there was supposed to be a software update released by Nov 2018 to fix turbo/transmission issues. That was SoCal, now I'm in Virginia and they have no idea what I'm talking about regarding an update. Anyone hear different?

Here's a video I just posted to show my compound issue, and more info in the description:

Also, heads up MODs, I think a lot of things like this are being posted in other sections of the site.. some by MEEeeee. Kinda clunky layout.

#6 ·
We had a performance restriction during one trip. We noticed that the temp gauge was reading well below (20-30 degs) the actual temp. Thankfully, the temp gauge would return to actual temp pretty quick (1-2 minutes), and driving was normal. Our dealer applied a transmission software update, and the issue hasn’t recurred.
We have only done trips above 0 degs, so it may have a restriction somewhere below that temp.

#7 ·
nonsense if the dealer says this is sensor malfunction due to cold weather..... replace the sensor if defective.
What kind of car can't be operated in freezing temperatures ??

knock on the wood...I have had a number of weird problems but not this one....been cold here in NJ last few days...down to 4F which is about -16C
My car started OK but I let it warm up before driving it..... even then was very gentle for the first few miles (lucky I live in a quiet area with 25mph speed limit...barely any cars at 7AM so I wasn't blocking the traffic...LOL )
Car was surely making weird noises and engine was struggling...but within a few minutes all good.

#8 ·
my wife purchased a 2018 discovery sport from dealer in vaughan ontario in november 2018 and its been nothing but problems with only 3900 km its been back to the shop on a flat bed since we are 7 hours north 3 times with all similar issues they've
reprogrammed and changed sensors and solenoids and promissed us everything would be fine. we received back on a friday night on the flat bed took it out for test drive just to find out it had no performance next morning started up with engine light on. its our first land rover we've had gmc denali, ford expeditions with no issues we figured we would try something different well what a big mistake. oh and get this every time the vehicle goes back to dealer we need to rent a vehicle pay out of pocket and wait for land rover to pay us back ha and they say this is HIGH END VEHICLE my ass my opinion is there all junk. if someone doesn't like my comments your more then welcome to call me BRUCE 1-705-568-7796

#10 ·

Hey, I have disco sport 2.2 diesel. I have been getting this warning light since today morning. I live in India and it's fairly warm weather here. Its 28'C. The rpm does not exceed 2200 and the car keeps changing the gears depending oh her mood. What can I do? I have searching about this since morning and this when I can to this site. Please help/ guide me.
Is this a big issue? Would I need hefty amount to fix this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.