Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with Covid travel restrictions being lifted in my province ( British Columbia ), a long weekend and a major refinery shut down for maintenance the cost of fuel has skyrocketed. Forecast is even for higher prices to come this summer.
Price for premium gas/petrol was a high of $1.989 a liter this morning. Did a little calculating and money conversion and came up with equivalent prices to compare.

U.S.A. it works out to be $6.098 a US gallon.
UK It works out to 1.17 GBP per liter or 5.31 GBP per Imperial Gallon.
EU It works out to be 1.36 euros per liter
Aus It works out to be 9.77 AUD per imperial gallon.

Diesel fuel was running around $1.60 a liter CDN or about 80% of the cost of gas/petrol.

Does this give me bragging Rights???

·
Registered
50 Posts
So with Covid travel restrictions being lifted in my province ( British Columbia ), a long weekend and a major refinery shut down for maintenance the cost of fuel has skyrocketed. Forecast is even for higher prices to come this summer.
Price for premium gas/petrol was a high of $1.989 a liter this morning. Did a little calculating and money conversion and came up with equivalent prices to compare.

U.S.A. it works out to be $6.098 a US gallon.
UK It works out to 1.17 GBP per liter or 5.31 GBP per Imperial Gallon.
EU It works out to be 1.36 euros per liter
Aus It works out to be 9.77 AUD per imperial gallon.

Diesel fuel was running around $1.60 a liter CDN or about 80% of the cost of gas/petrol.

Does this give me bragging Rights???
Nope! Here in Aus diesel and 91 RON petrol are both the same price currently at $1.42 AUD per litre ($1.32 CDN, $1.07 USD, $0.77 GBP)

·
Super Moderator
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it is time to move to Australia LOL We traditionally have the highest prices in North America:cry: And we are an oil exporter

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe it is time to move to Australia LOL We traditionally have the highest prices in North America:cry: And we are an oil exporter
Haha. Yeah we have it pretty good here. I’d wait until we get our Covid vaccine program under control first. It’s somewhat of a sh*t show 🙄

·
Super Moderator
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So our state of emergency has ended for covid (78% vaccination rate for over 12) so we can go travelling . Oops now there is talk of provincial state of emergency because of forest fires and highways closed. So with the high fuel costs it is impractical to do lots of driving saving me money.
Largest fire today is around 40000 hectare in size and we have 213 active fires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts