Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent update is available when you go into service. It apparently does something to the amount of oxygen being mixed with our fuel.

Anyone have this done?

It may be coincidence, but I have noticed my Disco running ever so slightly rougher when idling... Anyone else?

·
Registered
258 Posts
A recent update is available when you go into service. It apparently does something to the amount of oxygen being mixed with our fuel.

Anyone have this done?

It may be coincidence, but I have noticed my Disco running ever so slightly rougher when idling... Anyone else?
Hmm, mine is in for the 20k service now and when the service manager looked up items for the car, he didn't mention this one. I'll have to ask about it. Do you have the number of it? Thanks.

He did mention the sunglasses holder and an update that doesn't keep the battery discharging (this hasn't been a problem for me but several people have gone out to dead DS's, so may it's intended to fix this issue).

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, got this done last month - this new software update changes the throttle response and idle is slightly rougher.
It also shuts down less at a stop sign.

I love the new software as the car behaves more like the peppy Evoque with a lot less lag...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. I also noticed it is turning off less at stop signs... I thought it was because the weather was colder. :)

I agree it seems peppier... I also drive in S mode all the time as well...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, got this done last month - this new software update changes the throttle response and idle is slightly rougher.
It also shuts down less at a stop sign.

I love the new software as the car behaves more like the peppy Evoque with a lot less lag...
Do you know what the code/release number is for the update? As I wrote in another message, I don't think my dealer mentioned it when I went in, but I'd like to get them to do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same coding on mine 129013

I have not had mine turn off at a stop light or when putting in Park anymore. Not sure of that is a problem or not.

I also believe it is idling rougher in my mind, because it never really idled before as it turned off all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
I actually prefer the engine idling even rough compared to stopping.

Always worried the car won't restart ...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just had my 10K service done.
They did the sunglasses update and some sort of update to the "gateway module".
Is this the same one you guys have done?

I haven't driven it much - the drive home from the dealership was stuck in traffic for most of the ride.
I did notice that the loaner I had felt quite a bit more "peppy" compared to mine.
However, I will have to report back later...

-Anthony

·
Registered
588 Posts
4sallypat, does your Disco sport still stop running at all when you stop?
Yes, the DS still does a stop-start at certain places - but not much overall compared to before it went into service - I'd say about 50% of the time now.

Maybe the new powertrain update tells the engine not to stop so much.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts

Anyone have this done?

The O2 sensor reads the amount of oxygen after the engine in the exhuast to see if the fuel mixture is not to lean or rich. The sensors are reported to be slow to react and it is strange that in some countries they would do a software update In Canada they replace the sensor, just had mine changed yesterday and have notified no difference in idle.

They also did the Gateway Module and power train module. Updated the navigation software, Auto circulation software and best of all updated the radio software. Radio was not speed sensitive and I set the volume at no more than 3 on the bar. Now I set it around 7 and the radio volume is constant at higher speeds. :) Complained about the inaccuracy of the fuel economy reading on the dash and they said they did some changes, but only time will tell.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay...

Realizing the update changed the way the Disco reacts now with acceleration... I had to change my learned/adapted driving style from it's previous performance.

This is a GREAT thing! In sport mode, I can be at a stop light and accelarate off the line with NO LAG! It is like an entirely new car!

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Okay...

Realizing the update changed the way the Disco reacts now with acceleration... I had to change my learned/adapted driving style from it's previous performance.

This is a GREAT thing! In sport mode, I can be at a stop light and accelarate off the line with NO LAG! It is like an entirely new car!
Snow on our roads the last few days so have not had a chance to see performance changes:( but hope I get the same results as you. Hope it helps with fuel economy :crying:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts