Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Having a problem with 2015 DS rear hatch. Opens fine from dash button, key FOB, and the outside button on the hatch. Will not close from any of these options.

Any time I open it, there’s 3 beeps once fully opened. Also another 3 beeps when I try to close using the hatch button. When I try to close using the dash button I can hear an actuator clicking in the back.

I’ve read different posts that suggest trying to reset the hatch but, so far, that hasn’t worked.

Yesterday I replaced both lift arms……same symptoms. I learned that the three beeps are coming from a control module located on the hatch.

Hoping someone may have some suggestions or troubleshooting ideas??? I’ve purchased service manuals but they don’t seem to address the problem I’m having.

TIA!!

TH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having the same issue... 2016 Discovery Sport
Tailgate stopped closing from any of the buttons sometime at the end of winter,dont remember exactly, in march maybe,
i did that position reset by holding down the close button on the tailgate for a few seconds until you hear a long beep.That fixed it...tailgate closed again from the buttons. But that was only for a week or so... Then it stopped working again... and after that reset did not work anymore...i only get 3 beeps not that long beep when i hold that close button down.
I figured that struts were bad. Did not have time to fix it right there and then so for a few months i closed my tailgate manually.
Finally took it to a indy Land Rover shop and got tailgate struts replaced. But that did not fix it. It still wont close. It opens fine from all the buttons. Shop thought that the issue is in the wiring harness.
When i push the close button on the tailgate i get 3 beeps from the tailgate module,
When tailgate is open and i push the button on the keyfob to close it at first i hear tailgate lock actuating ( its trying to lock or unlock) and after that i get the same 3 beeps.
I have taken the tailgate trim apart... checked connectors (looked fine - no corrosion), wiring looks fine( no obvious broken wires. I even took the tailgate module out, opened its plastic box and inspected the board for any damage...board looked fine.
its like when i try to use the fob button to close the tailgate it doesnt know its position (that its open). This button both opens and closes the tailgate, so it has to know in which position that tailgate is and choose either to close or open depending on the position. Seems like mine is trying to open my tailgate when its already open... unlock it and then gets those 3 error beeps as it cant open anymore.

So thats where i am with this problem. Was seaching for a tailgate position sensor but it seems that these tailgates dont have one.

Anyway any help or suggestions or ideas are much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im having the same issue... 2016 Discovery Sport
Tailgate stopped closing from any of the buttons sometime at the end of winter,dont remember exactly, in march maybe,
i did that position reset by holding down the close button on the tailgate for a few seconds until you hear a long beep.That fixed it...tailgate closed again from the buttons. But that was only for a week or so... Then it stopped working again... and after that reset did not work anymore...i only get 3 beeps not that long beep when i hold that close button down.
I figured that struts were bad. Did not have time to fix it right there and then so for a few months i closed my tailgate manually.
Finally took it to a indy Land Rover shop and got tailgate struts replaced. But that did not fix it. It still wont close. It opens fine from all the buttons. Shop thought that the issue is in the wiring harness.
When i push the close button on the tailgate i get 3 beeps from the tailgate module,
When tailgate is open and i push the button on the keyfob to close it at first i hear tailgate lock actuating ( its trying to lock or unlock) and after that i get the same 3 beeps.
I have taken the tailgate trim apart... checked connectors (looked fine - no corrosion), wiring looks fine( no obvious broken wires. I even took the tailgate module out, opened its plastic box and inspected the board for any damage...board looked fine.
its like when i try to use the fob button to close the tailgate it doesnt know its position (that its open). This button both opens and closes the tailgate, so it has to know in which position that tailgate is and choose either to close or open depending on the position. Seems like mine is trying to open my tailgate when its already open... unlock it and then gets those 3 error beeps as it cant open anymore.

So thats where i am with this problem. Was seaching for a tailgate position sensor but it seems that these tailgates dont have one.

Anyway any help or suggestions or ideas are much appreciated.
If nothing else, I feel better knowing I’m not alone. Thank you for the reply and let’s hope we get some more feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts