Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. can anybody give me advice on a rear camera replacement for a 2015 HSE luxury. the camera lens is no longer clear and the plastic is misted hence why im looking for a replacement. basically my questions are:

1. how do you access the camera to remove it?
2. when installing a new one does it need encoding to the car?
3. is there any websites or videos anyone knows that can help guide me through this process?

Thank you in advance
john.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello JTR,

I can't give you guidance on question 1 or 3 but with regards to question 2 it may not need electronic encoding to the car but it will need an optical calibration when the new camera is installed since the dynamic overlays for the rear view are dependent on the camera pointing with respect to the vehicle. I work in optics and, in fact, on this camera system as a components supplier to JLR and their Tier 1 Valeo. Also, my practical experience with this is when we had bodywork done on the passenger door, the vehicle had to go to the dealer for camera calibration for the surround view system (the camera is mounted in the wing mirror).

Best of luck to you and sorry I can't help with your other questions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The camera is removable after removal of interior trim panel and wiring plugs etc. Interior trim is mostly held by clips (new clips are required) and some screws under the handle. Looks like the panel with the camera has screws and clips (may just be clips). The camera does need calibration if changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts