Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my recent trip to the dealership for service I was told my rear breaks need replacing - the pads are below the recommended thickness.
I thought the car has sensors that will tell me when it's time to replace the breaks.
Sensor never came up, no noise and no issues with breaking....
Vehicle has 27,000 miles .

Can you guys please confirm if a warning light should come up ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Senors are goingto be activated and will give you the warning sign in the on cluster when is less that 2 mm thick. This is according to my dealirship here in Texas. The Disco has two sensor one of the front and one on the back. assuming break pads wear evenly on each side of the axle. I had the rear brake job at the dealearship last month.

·
Super Moderator
360 Posts
I assume we are discussing the Brakes and not the bad break of paying LOL. The dealership naturally has their hands out for extra money , but they probably know you will not be in for your next check up for an other year. The Brakes could fail by then, possibly. I would always get a quote from a local mechanic to save money and to get that all important second opinion. The sensors activate at 2 mm but the dealer may have a recommended thickness of 4 mm .

Most cars require front brakes before the rear ones wear out. Land Rover seems to have designed the car so the reverse happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts